Happy Monday everyone. Today not only ushers in a new week, but a new month. There is something magical about new beginnings. A chance to start over, a time to make goals. January 1st everyone is so set about what the new year will bring them. I am not that excited about new years, I prefer to look at new weeks! Making small, manageable goals ladders up to something phenomenal in one year. Think about it. If you made a point to make a small change every Monday- imagine what 52 Mondays of change look like!
Last week I was so happy I hit every one of my workout goals. Sometimes it isn’t always possible and I see there are obstacles already popping up this week. Preparation is key to success.
Back to goal setting for the week and month ahead. Sit down with yourself and come up with 4 things you want to focus on this month. Then actually write them down! Pick one a week to really focus on, then the next week try to do 2, then 3, then 4. For example, they may be things like:
– Drink 1/2 my weight in water every day (this one is my downfall)
– Log my food this week
– Bring my lunch instead of buying it
– Eat breakfast every day
– Eat fruits and vegetables every day
-Try a new recipe/new food this week
– Exercise 2,3,5,7 x this week (you choose!)
– Incorporate strength training into my week (especially if you favor cardio)
– Incorporate cardio into my week (especially if you favor lifting)
– Incorporate stretching into my week
– Give a compliment to a stranger every day this week
– Do something nice to someone without being asked (or thanked or expecting something in return)
I can’t wait to see what you all accomplish!
Share with me, comment here: What are 2 things you are going to focus on this month?